Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Preparation

We spent a good chunk of the middle of December preparing the house for our visitors from Texas, and trying to get shopping finished up! If you know me well, you know that I would be absolutely mortified if anyone saw my house a mess...so you can only imagine how serious a task it was to get my house ready for my family to come stay with me for 12 days! But, it somehow all got done, and everything turned out wonderfully! Here are a few pictures of some of our Christmas decorations!


I decided to make homemade cinnamon rolls to take to the ladies I visit teach. This was how Austin helped out. The picture doesn't quite do this justice. He was covered in flour, but still happy as could be! (This was before I cleaned the kitchen!)


Of course, it couldn't all be work. We took a lot of "play" breaks. Justin showed Austin how the couch cushions could turn into a fort. Austin was a little scared of it at first, so I got to climb inside to show that it wasn't scary.


I have no idea what is on his face in this picture, but it must have been good!

Austin just figured out that he can crawl under his crib!

No comments: